2013 Duke Football Parking and Tailgate Information
Dear Iron Dukes member,
As we quickly approach our football season opener against North Carolina Central on August 31st, we wanted to give you some important information for the 2013 Duke Football season.
This year, the Iron Dukes will be tailgating with you! For each game, the Iron Dukes staff will be tailgating in a different Iron Dukes lot and we hope you’ll stop by our tent when we are in your area. For the NC Central game, we will be tailgating in the Edens lot and we look forward to seeing all of our Iron Duke members who are parking in that lot this year. We will send out an email the week of each respective home game to let you know where we will be tailgating that Saturday.
Duke University’s tailgate and parking policies can be found below (some information is new as of this season). We do ask that all Iron Duke members follow Duke’s rules and regulations so that all patrons and fans can have the best possible game day experience.
Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns and we look forward to seeing you in Wallace Wade this fall!
Thank you for your support of Duke student-athletes and Go Duke!
-The Iron Dukes Team
Tailgating Rules and Regulations
- Tailgating is permitted in the surrounding parking lots to Wallace Wade Stadium on Duke Football game days.
- Tents, tables, tarps or canopies ARE NOT permitted if they impede foot or vehicular traffic or if they extend into additional parking space.
- Iron Duke and general public parking permits are non-transferable and only valid on Duke Football game days.
- Iron Duke and general public parking permits must be displayed from the bearer’s rearview mirror at all times. If the parking permit is not displayed at all times, the vehicle will be assumed to be parked illegally and will be removed.
- One (1) Iron Duke parking permit or one (1) general public parking permit equals one (1) space. Iron Duke parking permits or general public parking permits cannot be combined to park a recreational or oversized vehicle (RV/OV) in any lot other than the designated RV/OV parking lot or provide additional space for a tailgate party.
- All federal, state, and local laws, statutes, and ordinances apply, including those regarding the possession, dispensing, and use of alcoholic beverages.
- Please properly extinguish and dispose of charcoal and other flammables. DO NOT THROW AWAY charcoal in parking lot trash cans or in parking lots.
- If your assigned lot is full, please see parking attendant for closest available location.
New in 2013 -- Tailgate Roving Teams
For all games this season, Duke Parking and Transportation and Duke Police will have tailgate roving teams in the parking lots. The tailgate roving teams will be on-site to ensure that the tailgating rules and regulations are followed as well as to make sure there are vehicular ingress/egress lanes for emergency vehicles. Those tailgaters that do not follow instructions will have their parking pass confiscated and be trespassed from University grounds.
Duke University assumes no responsibility for loss through fire, theft, collision, or otherwise to a car or its contents. Vehicles are parked at Owner's Risk. Please lock your vehicle.
Parking Emergency Information
In case of emergency, please dial 919-684-2444 for Duke Police Emergency Dispatch or 9-1-1 for Durham County. Duke Police will be the primary responder on-campus for emergency calls. Durham Police will be the primary responder off-campus for emergency calls. If an emergency occurs and authorities are contacted, please designate someone in your party to help direct emergency personnel to the emergency location.