Ways to Give
The Iron Dukes operates on a pledge system. This allows our members the opportunity to make a pledge and then honor that pledge in installments throughout the fiscal year.
Please note that all annual pledges for the 2019–20 year must be paid in full by June 25, 2020.
- To make renewing your Iron Dukes membership more convenient, we have an automatic pledge renewal program from fiscal year to fiscal year. We will automatically rollover your current year pledge to the following fiscal year.This program keeps your account active and up-to-date with minimal effort while eliminating your need to keep up with our fiscal year. If you would prefer to opt out, please check the appropriate box on your pledge card.
- We do accept and appreciate multi-year pledges. A multi-year pledge can help you keep track of your giving, cut down on annual solicitations, and ensure that you continue your support.
Cash, Check, or Credit Card
The most common ways to give to Duke Athletics are through cash, check or credit card. Please make checks payable to Duke University. You can pay online with a credit card or e-check at www.gifts.duke.edu. You can also utilize one of our convenient monthly payment plans by contacting the Iron Dukes office at (919) 613-7575.
Please consult the benefits office at your place of employment to see if you are eligible for their matching gifts program. You can also find out if your organization will match your gift at www.matchinggifts.com/duke. Matching gifts are not able to be counted toward the amount required to purchase men's basketball season tickets in Cameron or Blue Devil Tower tickets for Duke football. Please remember, you must file the matching gift claim with your company.
While outright gifts provide vital resources for the university today, deferred gifts help to shape and strengthen Duke's future. Find out more about deferred and planned gifts through the Iron Dukes Heritage Society.
Donor Advised Funds & Private Foundations
You may support Duke Athletics through contributions from your donor advised fund or your private foundation. However, federal law prohibits use of gifts from a donor advised fund or private foundation if the right to purchase tickets to an on campus event is tied to the donation. If you would like to support the Iron Dukes and waive any benefits you would receive, please indicate your desire to waive such benefits in correspondence included with your contribution.
Iron Duke Membership and Season Ticket Purchase Rights
Iron Dukes members who desire to purchase season tickets to Duke Men's Basketball in Cameron Indoor Stadium or Duke Football in Blue Devil Tower must make annual contributions to the Iron Dukes in an amount determined by Duke Athletics. Under the 2017 Tax Act, all donations that directly or indirectly provide the right to seating at an athletic event in a Duke athletic stadium are not deductible for tax purposes.
Gifts or grants from the following sources may NOT satisfy any amount required to be contributed for the right to purchase season tickets in either Cameron Indoor Stadium for Duke men's basketball or Blue Devil Tower for Duke football:
- Appreciated stock/securities
- Donor advised funds
- Private foundations
- Other charitable organizations
- Employer matching gift programs
- Individual retirement accounts (IRA) charitable rollovers
Duke may accept donations from these sources, but no ticket purchase rights will be conveyed. Donors may receive no more than an incidental benefit from Duke, directly or indirectly, as a result of any gifts or payments from such sources.
Donors are urged to consult with expert tax counsel regarding their specific situation